- Event Administrator
We are looking for an Event Administrator who will be responsible for assisting our Event Managers in the Operations Team at the Great Run Company with planning our series of mass participation sporting events. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help plan and coordinate event projects. To be successful you must be a self starter with strong communication skills, an understanding of the process of organising events and meeting tight deadlines. This is a challenging and fast paced role, involving office based planning time as well as attendance at weekend events.
Assist the Operations team in the delivery of events including
- Assist with the various tasks necessary to deliver the event and set the project plan including allocation of resources & setting of key timelines
- Recruit, brief and manage the event volunteers including race pacers.
- Manage the site guidelines system for the event and assist Event Managers and Site Safety staff with coordination of safety documentation and systems at the event
- Managing personnel and vehicle access through an accreditation system
- Creation of briefing notes for crew prior to events and assist Operations staff in communicating the briefs to crew at events
- Assisting with the preparation of event safety manuals and crew note manuals
- Book transport and accommodation for the Operational team working at the event and ensure their requirements are in place
- Liaison with residents, businesses and local partners to assist with access and traffic management at the event
- Working with external suppliers, consultants, emergency services, councils, event crew and the public to successfully deliver events
- Confident with strong communication skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Basic understanding of event management processes
- Experience of working on events and managing projects
- Experience of working to and meeting tight deadlines
- Good written and presentation skills
- General IT skills
- Creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to attend events outside general working week
- Experience of having worked within a fast paced environment
- A full clean driving licence
- Interest in athletics/sport in general
•This role is based in Newcastle but requires some travel across the UK planning events and working on site.
•There is a requirement to work long hours around events as well as away from home for several days
•Frequent weekend work is expected for event delivery
This is a 12 month fixed term contract
This is initially a 12 month fixed term contract
Equal Opportunity Statement
Nova International is an equal opportunities employer. Please remember to remove your date of birth information before applying for this role.