We are extremely proud of the business we have created over the last 34 years and this has only happened through the hard work and dedication of the inspirational people who work for us. We are always on the lookout for talented and ambitious individuals to come and join us.
We are committed to engaging with our people to build the Great brand. These are shared values, principles and behaviours that we follow to deliver high quality, safe and exciting events.
- Ensure our process, procedures and activities add value
- Promote and implement creative and innovative ideas and solutions
- Commit to continuous improvement and be open to change
- Delight our business partners and consumers through the quality of our events and services
- Aggressively promote and protect the reputation of our company and brands
- Never underestimate the competition
- Achieve results and celebrate our successes
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and ethics
- Show respect for and value the experience, style, approach and ideas of others
- Display openness and curiosity to learn from anyone, anywhere
- Appreciate each other and listen to one another
- Support team mates and work with each other to accomplish results
- Demonstrate a pride in our company, brands and their sporting heritage
- Promote a positive, energising, optimistic and safe environment in which we work
- Have a “can-do” attitude and drive to get the job done
- Encourage corporate and social responsibility
- Accept personal accountability for our own actions and results
- Focus on finding solutions and achieving results rather than making excuses
- Actively engage in discussions and support decisions once they are made
- Involve others in decisions and plans that affect them
- Keep promises and commitments made to others
- Understand how our actions impact others
- Solicit and provide honest feedback without regard to position
- Help people to do their best by providing coaching and feedback
- Promote and encourage learning and development opportunities for all
- Commit to continued personal development
From your 1st day at The Great Run Company onwards we work to offer you exciting training opportunities and a supportive environment to develop your career with us.
Anyone who joins our company will be treated to a two week detailed induction about how the company works and the history behind our events. You will spend time with an expert from each department who will provide you with the lowdown of their responsibilities and how your role links to theirs going forward. We also let you know about the important things too – where the best sandwich shop is, where you can find the stationary cupboard and the location of the kettle!
We pride ourselves on recruiting the best people and we want to ensure those people develop their careers with us and become the best they can be within their area of expertise. We offer all our staff career opportunities – whether that is gaining greater experience and knowledge in their current role or climbing the career ladder to become CEO! We want to ensure we have a team of happy, talented and high performing staff which is why we hold regular reviews with the team and set clear objectives that steer them towards their longer term career ambitions.
We also offer a generous training budget each year and encourage our team to develop their skills through either external or internal training programs and qualifications.
As well as offering our staff the opportunities to work on some of the biggest and best sporting events in the country, we also strive to ensure that we offer them fantastic rewards for their commitment to our business.
Salary: All staff members receive an annual pay review
Performance related Pay scheme: If we hit our targets each year, we offer our staff the opportunity to share in that success with an annual performance related pay scheme.
Pension Scheme: We offer our staff a generous contributory pension scheme. The company will contribute 10% of your annual salary to the scheme if you contribute 3%. If you join our pension scheme you will also receive Life Assurance.
Holidays: All full time staff member receives 25 days holiday per year (pro rated for part time staff) plus the bank holidays. Our office closes at Christmas so you are guaranteed a long break over the festive period!
Tax Saving Scheme: We like to ensure that people save money where possible via tax savings schemes. Our pension scheme is a SMART scheme and we also run the childcare voucher scheme via Edenred to help people out with their childcare costs and the Cycle to Work Scheme.
Private Healthcare: We offer single cover private healthcare to our employees.
Season Ticket Loans: We know how costly travel can be for people to get to and from work so try to ease the financial burden by offering season ticket loans.
Staff Events: We arrange many events throughout the year specifically for our staff including a day at the races and our Great North Run dinner. This is our way of saying a big thank you for your hard work and support.
We know how important it is to share information and updates with each other –especially when we are all so busy throughout the year. That is why we take the time out every year to ensure that we update our staff on any new developments in the business.
We host an annual conference to discuss the company successes and plans for the following year as well as holding interactive sessions with staff to gain their views on the year ahead which inputs into our strategy.
We also produce a quarterly company newsletter issued to staff with regular updates on any new developments within the business.
Throughout the year we work on a number of new projects and initiatives to improve the communication across the business and to make it easier for our staff to receive real time information on what we are up to.